Thursday, October 26, 2006

Swinging and eating and a new job!

These are Alices two favourites at the moment, swinging and eating on her own.


Alice has recently conquered another word: ga-ga. (Swe: gunga = swing/going on the swing)
Every time we pass a swing set she says ga-ga. She would sit on the swing 24 hours a day if she could. She kicks her legs, laughs out loud and sings ga-ga, ga-ga, ga-ga.

The fleece and matching hat & gloves are birthday presents from all of Alice's great grandparents. Isn't she a doll?


Eating is another favourite. Today Alice said ticka (Swe: dricka = drink) and pointed to her cup. She prefers to eat all by her self now that she has realised that she can. The fish fingers went down like nothing, but the rice, peas and broccoli stayed on the tray even though those are things she normally likes. I think it's something to do with her discovering that she has a will, and that she can express it. Preferrably with a scream. Challenging times for a parent, I'll say.

Speaking of parents - big news: I've got a job! I as in Johanna, that is. I'm starting on Monday as a business teacher in High school. I'll be teaching Business and International business, which is not something I have ever done before. So there's another challenge altogether. But I'm really excited about it and I think it will be a lot of fun too! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MrsLilly said...

Grattis till jobbet!! Hoppas första veckan har varit bra!

Vill gärna låna mammakläder :-)
Vi rings nån dag så får jag kolla av vad du har.

Pussar och kramar
/M